[Coco] KA9Q?!?!?! WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY TELL ME ???

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 31 21:50:45 EST 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 17:53, Leon Howell wrote:
>I was looking for something else and found an OS-9 faq with a question
> about TCP/IP. I was curious, so I clicked on that question. It mentioned
> a program called KA9Q that was on rtsi. Expecting it to be for osk, I
> looked anyway, and found it in the real OS-9 (6809) section, with a
> readme saying it's a tcp/ip communications program for OS-9/6809.
>
>I've been sitting here using public access computers (how embarasing!)
> for years and how long has KA9Q been available?

Many many years, Leon.  And I, like quite a few others I think, have spent
weeks trying to get it to work, but the near total lack of docs rendered
any efforts I made moot.  If it did try to connect, then it was frozen
solid.  Its possible that someone intimately familiar with tcp/ip stuffs
could walk around in that code and fix it, but sadly I had zero luck as
its virtually commentless.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)