[Coco] NOS9 mb script

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 31 16:47:10 EST 2006

Chester A Patterson wrote:
> Granted, I built my startup the old way, without the -z. However, why
> would it work fine from TERM_80 and not from TERM_32? I'll make the
> switch to the -z and hope it works from TERM_32. Thanks.

There may well be something wrong with your startup script, which is why
I asked you to post it.

When you start from a term_80, you already have the windowing system
active. That means you can merge stdfonts etc. without crashing the
system. The windowing system is not active when you start from term_32
but rather the vdg system. You could crash the system if for example,
you tried to merge stdfonts before initializing a window.