[Coco] Re: 32 col vdg

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 12:32:49 EST 2006

Robert Gault <robert.gault at ...> writes:

> Chester A Patterson wrote:
> > How do I boot up NOS9 with a standard 32 column vdg term (and/or make
> > windows) where I can use KQ3, Liesure Suit Larry, Robot Odyssey,
> > Deskmate3 and whatever else like these? Thanks. (Showing my years away
> > from OS9)

> Any window can be changed to a vdg type with xmode if it has not been
> initialized.

> xmode /w# par=1 pag=16
> where # is the number of a non-initialized window, will make that window
> a vdg type. Then:
> iniz /w#; shell i=/w#&
> will activate the window and start a shell in it.

Ok, suppose I actualy manage to get makeboot and a modified standard.bl to
produce a bootable disk (yeah, right!) with v1-v7 in OS9Boot. Should'nt I be
able to put /v# in the parameter line of the AIF? Better yet, in the AIF
there's a line for the window type, like 7 (or was it 8?) for 40X25-16. Isn't
there a code for VDG window? Couldn't it be used in the AIF?

OTOH maybe I havn't got a stinking clue what I'm talking about. If only I had
a manual...