[Coco] CoCo Questions

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sat Oct 28 15:50:02 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/28/2006 12:23:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cappy2112 at gmail.com writes:

I'm  pretty sure I had this when in my Coco time, but I thought it was a
cartridge  and came with a plastic keyboard overlay.
There were quite a few of these  "Basic Enhancer" programs. You would press
one key and it would enter Basic  Keywords for you.
*************
No, Key-264K is quite different from the description above.  To check  out
the specs, look
for advertising by Key Color Software in some of the early-to-mid-1980s
Rainbow magazines,
such as the August 1985 Rainbow games issue, page 156.   Newer  issues likely
would no
longer have the ads because of the rumored upcoming Coco-3 with its 128kb
ram, upgradable.

Key-264K gives you two banks of 32k ram (in a 64k machine) which can  operate
independently of each other, or be interactive, in RS basic, with some
additional commands.
 -ph