[Coco] Want William Barden's 'Assembly Language on the Color Computer III'

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Thu Oct 26 11:10:41 EDT 2006

Rumor has it that Gene Heskett may have mentioned these words:
>On Wednesday 25 October 2006 10:04, Brian wrote:
> >Hi Fellow Coconuts,
> >
> >I want to purchase a copy of this book, Or if you can't get this anymore,
> > Does anyone know how to contact Mr Barden, And ask for permission to
> > scan the book into PDF format, So others can download it. This book
> > would be perfect to learn a bit more of assembly programming for the
> > coco 3.
> >
>Rumor has it that William Barden Jr. passed several years ago now,

That's the rumor, but:

1) William Barden is an *awfully* common name... One of my "more inane"
Google searches brought up a reference from the 1660ish (A marriage... )

2) I seem to remember finding his website quite a while back. I'm not sure
if I bookmarked it, but anyone who's sane has no business looking in my
bookmark file... ;-)

However, I can't seem to find the website now... :-/

IIRC, he's living in the Southwestern US (Think: Desert - either Arizona or
New Mexico) and has a son... aptly named William Barden.
;-)

If my memory serves (which it usually doesn't - when's MRAM going to become
brain-compatible? I could *sure* use an upgrade... ;-) there's a quote
about Mark Twain & demise rumors... this may very well fall into the same
category.

The only other post I could find before giving up is:

http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2004-May/006213.html

Wish I could be of more help,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |