[Coco] Coco3 backwards compatibility

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Tue Oct 24 23:32:31 EDT 2006

Robert Gault wrote:
> The game was made to run on a Coco3 by limiting the data transfer to an
> upper value of $FEED; protecting the secondary interrupt vectors.

You know, I think they chose that precise location for the secondary
vector table because the hex value is such a nice one to remember. I've
always been struck by that. Of course, it just works out that way if you
  start at the top of the reserved page.

Given what I know about programmer types, however, I'd almost wager it
was intentional. And if it wasn't, they probably went around telling
everyone it was...

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.ca for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w---
!D !M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?