[Coco] Re: Look what's on eBay / CGP-115 split gears

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 17:38:43 EDT 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:36:50, Stan Blazejewski wrote:

> I tried a simple fix that worked & has lasted for years on a number of these
> printers.
> The gears split because they are a press fit.  When removed from the shaft you
> will notice that the split 'disappears' so I drilled out the hole in the gear so
> that it was an 'interference' fit (slides on with no slack & won't grip the
> shaft), roughed up the shaft a bit & glued on the gear with super glue.
> Works a treat & will never give problems again.

Very interesting idea!. And yes, I actually had a hard time seeing
what the 'slippage' problem was about when I first inspected the
printer mechanism: the gear split is super thin that can easily be
overlooked by an untrained eye.

Will try the hole drilling technique. Thanks for the tip!

-=[ Rogelio ]=-