fpo9 wasRe: [Coco] NitrOS-9 Team:

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Oct 7 08:16:08 EDT 2006

***********
>From what I understand is that draft 8 was out around 1982/3 time frame. Draft 10
was later. Also Draft 10 became the foundation for IEEE854 which is Radix
Independent. IEEE754 only concerns is with binary floating point.

> >ALso I have what appears to be the assemble source code for the
> >bianry file that is contained on RSTI. I don't think any of the files
> >on RSTI has the assembly source.
>
> Ohh, you should upload the source to RTSI, then.

********************

If I knew how, I would.

> >Not sure what assembler was used to generate the binary file. Thought
> >of one day porting it to 6309 compatible.
> >
> Motorola had lots of strange 6809 machines, and lots of strange
> opertating systems running on them, supporting lots of strange
> assemblers.  If we're really lucky, the source might be for the
> standard cross-assembler, with m4 or something reasonable.
>
> Willard

My first guess would be that it was an relocatable macro assembler/linker combo
that ran on a 6800 or 6809 Exorcisor system. One with those giant 8 inch
floppies. If a cross assembler and linker, then it was native MC6800 program. I
don't t hink it was an OS9 assembler/linker as the standard OS9 module header is
not a part of the  assembler directives. Instead it is done with FDBs and FCBs.

james