[Coco] Upgraded MPIs and Harware incompatability

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Oct 1 19:12:25 EDT 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 16:55, Mark Marlette wrote:
>Bruce,
>
>OK, that is what my thinking was on my original reply to you. The
>CoCo1/2 should be fine but the 3rd party plugin hardware used
>reserved areas of the memory map and thus where broken when the CoCo3
>started using those formerly reserved areas.

Do you recall what 3rd party plugin might have used addresses above $FF7B?

I recall re-addressing a WP-RS, but that was to contain it within a given 4
byte wide block instead of use 2 bytes from one block and 2 bytes from the
next higher block. effectively locking up an 8 byte wide address space.
The logic was available on the card, so I have NDI why it wasn't done in
the first place, but thats another days argument.