[Coco] OT: Newfangled MM/1???

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Tue Oct 31 16:49:55 EST 2006

Per an advert in Linux Journal, I stumbled across this critter:

http://www.emacinc.com/som/som100es.htm

An 66/80 Mhz Dragonball (68K compatible) w/16Meg RAM & 4.5Meg Flash ROM on
an SO-DIMM stick.... with an available carrier board as well.

The problem: I have a metric buttload of Linux boxen - I sure as diddle
don't want/need another one, no matter how small... ;-) So, what would be
the chance of building an OS-9 capable MM/1 type system out of something
like this?

;^>

Unforch, the expandability doesn't include an easy way to hook up a VGA
monitor, so there's this:

http://freeio.org/library/toast.htm

Plans are free, but you'd have to build it yerself... but it has 16Meg RAM
& 4 Meg Flash, and it *does* have a PC/104 interface on it...

PC/104 is stackable, isn't it?

Just random dumb ideas... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????