[Coco] NOS9 Boot_Burke

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Mon Oct 23 15:20:18 EDT 2006

How does one install the NOS9 Boot_Burke (ident returns BOOT) module
into an NOS9Boot file?
In the distant past (17+ years ago - jeepers! That's a long time!), when
I made up B&B ST225, ST251 and ST4096 systems, I just used the B&B
"modpatch l2bpatch" command on the BOOT module in RAM then cobbled up a
new disk. But Boot is not a regular boot file module that I can just
EZGen from a disk into another disk's OS9Boot file...

Also, the B&B XT ROM allows installing two bootfiles (OS9Boot and
AltBoot) on tracks 128 and 129 respectively of the HD. There's two Boot
file patches in the B&B release disk (L2BPatch and AltL2BPatch), one for
each boot file. I would like to have both boot files on my HD (ALTBoot
for Multiview, once I figure out how to make it work with NOS9).  Will
this be possible with NOS9? (Everything is possible with OS9! However it
depends on one's expertise, and mine is quite lacking!)

Last but not least, is it possible to run DeskMate3 in NOS9? From what I
read, yes. But before I spend all kinds of time trying to make it work,
you guys experience will save me a lot of time (and grief)

Thankyou.

/Chester in (rainy) Costa Rica