[Coco] Idea: CoCo tray

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Sun Oct 22 15:10:39 EDT 2006

I was thinking of a way that I could secure my CoCo 3 to
the MPI so that a bump when they are on wouldn't turn them
into bricks and came up with a idea.

I like the idea of the locking plates and will use the one
I have for a permanent set up, but right now, I am
constantly opening my CoCo to look around as wells a
moving it around, so I don't have the plate installed.

What I was thinking for cases where using a locking plate
isn't practical, is to make a tray out of plywood with
some smaller 1"X1" blocks in the corners and sides, so
that the CoCo and MPI could just fit on the tray and would
be secure enough to prevent bumps from damaging them.  It
would also make moving the CoCo and MPI around much
easier.

Has anyone tried this?  I'm thinking of making one of
these, but I am not a carpender.  Are there some good
carpentry rules I should follow with regards to measuring
the tray out?

-Jim