[Coco] OS-9 / NOS-9

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Fri Oct 13 09:49:28 EDT 2006

Hello. Have ST-225 Burke and Burke system, CC3-512k, MPI, CRC mini
controller.

OS9 gives me seek and read FDD errors all the time. NOS9 does not.
Must be that BLOB thing discussed here some time ago. Never had that
problem before!

I Boot NOS9 from 3.5" 720kb (made on a 1.44 PC FDD)
Just to see if I can access /H0, I try to load bbfhdisk.dr and
H0_ST225.dd from /D1
but get No Permission error. Attr on both files is --e-w-ewr
Why won't they load? How to solve this?

I notice in the NOS9 directories on the boot disk that there is a module
named Burke.
What is the purpose of this file?

I DO plan to move to all the new hardware eventually, however I really
want to make certain I can get this old rig up and running, and get
re-accostomed to working with a Coco after over a decade.
I've got several other hardware problems but right now this is the main
one.

I appreciate your help! Thanks.

/Chester