[Color Computer] [coco] Old subject.... Jobs

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Tue Oct 3 23:17:12 EDT 2006

 A little over a month ago, I quit my job. I just couldn't take it any
longer. > I did make a post on the fact that I too, was unemployed. I
received a couple of encouraging replies on that and I do appreciate them.
Thanks!

  This week, I started with D&D Machines and Sales. Now I'm a CNC machine
operator(trainee) in a machine shop. I'm learning how to operate and program
computer controlled machine tools that make parts for things. It's
interesting, pays more than I was making and I get more hours, medical,
dental, vacation, sick pay and all the expected benefits.

   Yesterday and today was fun. It was hard work, learning and doing the
grunt work. I'm learning a lot of stuff about this business and I can see
that I will go places with this company because it's interesting and fun.
I'm dying to learn to program these computer controllers and begin doing the
setup that only one person can do at this time.
   This guy(my trainer/mentor), John, is busy all day setting up the
machines for the other operators. Once I learn to do this, he will have more
time to do some things that need to be done. He told me that if I can catch
on to this stuff, the company will reward me quite handsomely, because they
have a tough time finding people that can do the simplest tasks, much less
what he is doing.

    I don't know for sure where it could go, but John is driving a brand new
Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi powered pickup. I suppose the pay can be pretty good.

   I also expect that once I have some experience behind me in this field
and if they don't take care of me properly, I could do better elsewhere.

   My co-workers are good natured, the supervisor is laid-back and easy to
deal with. I haven't met the owner, yet. I'm sure it will happen.

   I'll learn tooling techniques that previously, I had no idea of.  With
some of this information, I can apply it to my homebuilt, coco powered, CNC
machine.
   Of course, the language will be TOTALLY different but, as I said, the
tooling and techniques will be new and good.

   Give me six months to a year and I'll be making some parts for my steam
engines with that special coco I built for this sort of thing.

   Yep!          I betcha  that you can feel my excitement.

  Yes?

George

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: