[Coco] [Color Computer] Nitros9 Boot file

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 23 08:09:46 EST 2006

Mark Marlette wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Good work. Raises a question....
>
> Boisy - Is the bootfile allowed to be fragmented. I know we talked
> about it.????
>
> Mark
> www.cloud9tech.com
 ><snip>

Standard OS-9 requires a contiguous os9boot file on disk. I think the
next release of NitrOS-9 will not. However, the disk requirement may not
follow over to memory.

MDIR -e reports all modules in the boot file being contiguous in memory.
A third party program DIRM indicates that the descriptors are not
contiguous with the rest of the os9boot modules but in block $3F.

Whichever is correct, I happen to have a NitrOS-9 boot file of $854C
bytes which works with NitrOS-9 (Gale Force Enterprises) prior to our
current project. This is larger than what Jim is reporting.