[Coco] [----] Re: Error codes on SECB

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 18 16:13:16 EST 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 15:44, Jim Cox wrote:
>SA = Spam Assassin?  Do you run your own mail server?

No.  I use fetchmail to suck it from vz to a scratch file, polling their
pop server every 90 seconds, then procmail to filter it and mark it by
piping it thru spamd, putting the result in another scratch file unless
its one of two blacklisted sources which get dropped on the floor near
the drain, and kmail then reads that file and puts each piece of mail in
the appropriate folder, truncating the scratch file to zero length as it
goes..  JunqueMail currently has 205 messages in it, cleaned out earlier
this morning.  Its been weeks since I had a false positive unless one
person from an .ru address posts to lkml, and I've been feeding that to
the ham trainer so thats gradualy going away.  some gets thru, but not a
lot, maybe 2 since I last cleaned house.  They get moved to a 'spam'
folder & "sa_learn spam $DIRTOSCAN" gets to look them over so it doen't
make that mistake too many times.