[Coco] www on coco

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Nov 1 03:23:07 EST 2006

>Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:20:12 +1100
>From: David Roper <dave at ebonhost.com>
>
>Ok, so lets put our reality hats on for a moment -
>
>What's stopping the coco from being linked in to an alread-established
>home network and actively using www and email?

Ethernet hardware.

The OS-9 KA9Q is very old, based off an even older DOS port.
<Shrug> getting it to talk to a Linux machine's SLIP driver is on my
"to do" list, and has been there for about five years. :-(

For the Contiki port, we need an ANSI C compiler and libc.  We have
libc under OS9, but no real ANSI compiler.  For DECB we have GCC09 but
(last I heard) no real libc.  And anyway, Contiki wants ethernet.

Hum.  Before I get flamed too much, I should point out that I haven't
been keeping up with the contiki/gcc09/ethernet projects, so my
information may be out of date.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA