[Coco] File Transfer from CD to Coco Floppy Disk

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 29 21:04:52 EDT 2006

John T Chasteen wrote:
> Hello COCO Users
>
> I am about to buy the Cloud 9 RTSI Archive  CD with all the coco
> programs.
>
> My question: How do I get the programs from a PC to a coco floppy disk?
>
> So far I've not used any of the coco Emulators.
>
> All help will be appreciated.
>
> John

If a WinXP system, get OmniFlop. If anything else obtain PORT.EXE,
OS9.EXE, DISKINI.EXE and RETRIEVE.EXE. DSKINI.EXE will create Coco
floppies from images on the PC or just format the floppy. PORT.EXE moves
files to/from the PC and a Disk Basic floppy. OS9.EXE moves files
to/from OS-9 floppies and the PC and makes images. RETRIEVE.EXE makes
images from Disk Basic floppies.

All except OmniFlop probably are on the CD.