[Coco] Transplanting 512K RAM expansion?

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 17:38:27 EDT 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Fedor Steeman <petrander at gmail.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:24:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Transplanting 512K RAM expansion?

>Thanks, Bob. I understand from what you are saying that one cannot perform a
512K transplant without rendering the source CoCo unusable, because the
original 128K RAM chips are removed as well as several capacitators.<

 Fedor, there's no reason you can't transplant the 128K chips at the same time.
I have been told that the removed capacitors can stay removed with no ill effects
when going back from 512K to 128K.

Bob