[Coco] Serial Data Transfer between PC and CoCo

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 24 07:51:10 EDT 2006

Bert & Peggy Schneider wrote:
> I recently bought a hardware serial pak for my CoCo3.  I've tested it
> with Hyperterminal and it works great.
>
> Does anyone know some good terminal software (for the PC) that I could
> use to transfer binary files from my PC to my CoCo 3?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bert

Bert, did you mean to ask for good software for the Coco? You already
said Hyperterminal (PC software) works well. In either case, if you have
tested Hyperterminal transmission to a Coco, then you must have working
software at both ends. What else do you really want?

On the Coco side Ultimaterm (Basic) and any of the OS-9 terminal
programs will work for for moving any type of file between the PC and
Coco. There is one problem with Ultimaterm when receiving xmodem as it
seems to be limited to small incoming files.