[Coco] Re: Re: FD-502 controller problem

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Sun May 21 09:17:56 EDT 2006

Thanks all for the replies.

I used some solder on the worn looking contacts, and then the controller
could DSKINI 0 just fine.
Everything seems to work good but I found anything written to drive 0 is
unreliable. I get IO errors
trying to read things copied to the drive, sometimes. Again switching to my
Disto controller all is fine.
My drive 0 was purchased from CLOUD-9 only a little more than a year ago
(new old stock?) and
I really doubt that it is bad. I will stop being lazy and take the cover off
the drives and swap the cables
see if another drive behaves the same. Otherwise I will have to search ebay
and keep my eyes out for
another controller.

-Charlie

news:446E0815.4040201 at aurigae.demon.co.uk...