[Coco] Atari SC1224 monitor

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Thu May 18 12:19:17 EDT 2006

I'm pleased with the SC1224 display. But I changed the DIN plug, just too
weird to find parts in Costa Rica and not worth the postage to buy bits and
pieces. Now I've removed the TV modulator, put in an L bracket, and mounted
the RGB out Dsub9F where the TV out was. AND kept the standard RGB output
pins in place as well, since I've already ordered and anxiously await for
Roy's adapter (once the check gets there and clears - time consuming from
here) I got the SC1224 so cheap I couldn't pass it up. And I just can't
resist doing things with a soldering iron...

No, I don't plan to have both the SC1224 and the VGA adapter plugged in
simultaneously. I guess there are are impedance issues. I would though
definately like to have Roy's VGA AND Chris' S-Vid adapters on
simultaneously, if possible. But I guess the same thing (impedance) applies.

I found ( http://schematy.elektroda.net/lista.html ), paid for (Poland I
believe) and downloaded the Commie 1084 Service Manual (and a bunch of
others while I was at it) Turns out to be an 8CM515. No mods or changes that
I can see. But I'm just a hobbyist.