[Coco] FYI - 6809 GCC

James Jones jamesjones01 at mchsi.com
Mon May 15 23:50:50 EDT 2006

James Dessart wrote:
> In fact, with some support in the linker, OS-9 software could be written
> easily. Or a modification of the assembler to generate rlink-compatible
> object files. I'm not conversant in OS-9, so I might just be leading you
> guys astray.

A couple of things that come to mind:

1. Code generation would need to take into consideration the way OS-9
spawns processes and hands them memory (U points to the process's data
area, DP to the beginning of the data area, if memory serves). cstart
would need to know about parameters and environment variable passage.

2. Code generation would have to be position-independent.

	James