[Coco] Rainbow IDE and free CoCo drawing

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Mon May 8 19:40:08 EDT 2006

At 06:19 PM 5/8/2006, you wrote:
>Other popular portability toolkits include FLTK and GTK.
>
>I would expect Roger's stuff to work quite well under Wine though
>since he programs right against the Win32 API for the most part (as
>opposed to using a lot of libraries which may or may not be supported
>well under WINE).
>
>-- John.

Most Windows and STDLIB libraries that have functions that call on the
Windows API are just using simple "wrapper" code that take and pass the
parameters in a different way, sometimes with more or less parameters
needed, and returning different values or data, etc.

WINE shouldn't wine about this at all.  :)  Ofcourse, the accuracy that
WINE emulates Windows is all in how accurate it emulates the Windows API
and how accurate all of the Win32 constants are.  If just one bit in one
byte in thousands of Win32 constants is wrong, the entire Windows program
could crash or not run.

I'm sure a lot of software vendors have taken the heat because of the
growing pains of WINE, whatcha bet?

--
Roger Taylor