[Coco] Re: CoCo Fest video and chat

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Thu May 4 23:02:49 EDT 2006

I wondered when someone from Glenside would chime in! All the talk has focused on how to get more attendance, but no one has mentioned Glenside. Don't forget that any "outside help" needs to be coordinated with Glenside. They don't own the fes, but have been doing it for years. Maybe an outside "ad coordinator" would be a great idea, coordinating with the club. I believe Glenside's experience in putting on a fest is unquestionably important. If all they have to do is plan it while another group concentrates on getting the word out I'm sure they would at least be interested in hearing plans. That is one underappreciated group of die-hard CoCo users! I don't think a fest anywhere else would do as well. I certainly can't see TWO fests in one year with both doing well! If someone were to plan a fest somewhere else, it should be a "rest year" for Glenside, with the fest returning to Chicago the next year. That might work -- every other year in Chicago, the alternate years travelin
 g to d
ifferent cities. I'm not sure there are enough CoCoers in one location to do that any more!

As for the e-bay winners -- when you lose a bid to some other e-bayer, send them an e-mail and point them to www.coco3.com and directions on how to subscribe to this group. Mention that there's still a CoCo fest in Chicago and give the Glenside URL also. A short 3-4 sentence message is all it takes! I don't think anyone will complain to e-bay about unsolicited messages. Even if they did you'd just get a warning from e-bay. I can't see someon complaining when you're trying to help them get the most out of what they just bought though!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent