[Coco] CoCo Fest video and chat

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Thu May 4 21:32:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:19:22PM -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 06:28 AM 5/4/2006, you wrote:
> >If the organizers were to commit to a plan of starting preparations early,
> >then someone can be assigned to create and maintain a website detailing
> >the development of the fest.
> >When the fest is 2 months away, this would be a websitet that clearly and
> >proffesionally informs anyone browsing the page, not only the what, when
> >and where of the fest but also details the various seminars, formal
> >discussions, activities, demonstrations, special guests etc that will be
> >present.
> >Convince several of the large news based websites to write a story (and
> >add a link) about the event and I'm sure that you will get current, past
> >and even non CoCo users attend...especially people who live within the
> >region.
> >Nickolas Marentes
>

> I think a more young and energetic person or group should be in charge of
> advertising and getting the word out on the web.  Perhaps these fests are
> just expected to "happen" from now on as if everybody already knows.  I'm
> pretty sure they don't.  I promise you there's more CoCo users out there
> than there are on this list.  They "outsiders" outnumber us greatly.  I've
> got proof.  I'm sure Boisy and Mark have customer orders to prove this as
> well.

As further proof take a look at ebay. The old coco stuff is going like hotcakes
there. I always seem to be getting beat in auctions there. The question is:
How do we reach these people?

> Maybe those who want more people to come to the fest should dig through
> their records and compile a list of potential attendees and either contact
> those people directly or give the data to the fest committee, or to a new
> person or group who has the energy and the will power to work hard for the
> cause.  But then again, this takes time and free time might be hard to find.

I've been trying at work and not getting to far. :-( On the positive side I hear
that the old 8-bit computers are becoming popular again. Something about
"retro-computing". If that's true all we need to do is find a way to reach them.

Frank