[Coco] CoCo Fest video and chat

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Thu May 4 13:57:15 EDT 2006

While I usually lurk, I've decided to chime in on the topic at hand.

I can come up with a million excuses as to why I didn't attend this year,
but when I really analyze it, I guess the reason I didn't go is that I
feel (rightly or wrongly) as an outsider of sorts.  Many of you know each
other quite well, and it becomes a reunion for you when you get together.
I, on the other hand, have never met any of you personally.  And due to a
personality quirk or hangup, I find it hard to meet new people and
immediately fit in.

When the fest was in Pittsburgh, I *did* attend.  And I felt kind of out
of place.  Not anyone's fault, that's just the way I am.

However, I'm also of the opinion that people need to overcome any quirks
of theirs in order to enjoy life more fully.  Therefore, I am making a
promise, here and now, that (barring any unforseen horrible circumstances
for me) I will be there next year.  And I hope to make alot of new friends
while I'm there.

--Ken Carlin