[Coco] Looking for I/O specs for DECB,Nitros,.....

Brett K Heath hcmth019 at csun.edu
Tue May 2 02:33:37 EDT 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Alan Jones wrote:

> Brett,
> I am interested in your project. I asked for some help getting some
> FORTH software earlier on the list, but I got no response....

Forth is a topic that has come up sporadically over the years, it
probably qualifies as an IAQ (Infrequently Asked Question:-). If people
seem unresponsive it's likely because they have nothing to add to what's
already been said.

> ...If I can be
> of any help let me know. I am not an assembler programmer but I would be
> glad to test out your software when you get it working to your specs.

If I ever get this thing past the proof of concept phase I'm certainly
going to need help making it usable. Actually, most of the assembler code
is already written (see my reply to John Hogerhuis), how much do you know
about old (pre-ANSI) forths?

Was that you who was involved with the reissue of _Starting Forth_ by Leo
Brodie?

In any case, thanks for the interest but don't get your hopes too high
just yet. Beyond the I/O problem there are still a few potential Nasties
on the To Do list.

Brett K. Heath