[Color Computer] [Coco] CoCo and SATA/USB drives.

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 16:48:51 EDT 2006

Um... what James said.

Even standard IDE DMA modes are way faster than the Coco could handle
let alone SATA 150 or 300.  I do like the new cabling though!

USB 1.1 is as fast as a Coco can really use.  It's been done on other
8 bits.  But more importantly... it needs drivers.  Unless
I/you/someone wants to rewrite Coco DOS or write OS9 drivers you can
show it off with test programs and that's about it.  I know dit about
OS9 but I'd love to rewrite CocoDOS... right after I finish about 100
other projects that are half completed.

I posted a description of what I thought the address decoding circuit
and buss adaptation to the required USB chip whould be.  It was
standard parts.  Feel free to look it up, ask questions, criticize,
correct or whatever.
I'd love to see someone build one but I haven't had time.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM