[Coco] [Color Computer] How to Convert to MESS readable DSK files?

cocolar2 cocolar2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 18:07:47 EDT 2006

Hi everyone. Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted here...
some of you may remember me from bit.listserv.coco days.

Anyway, I finally went ahead and downloaded the MESS emulator, which
seems to do a pretty good job with the CoCo.

ONE BIG QUESTION THOUGH: How do I make MESS-readable ".DSK" files
(NOT CoCo DSK files, but MESS DSK files) out of the various softwares
that I have?

For instance, years ago I transferred tons of BAS, BIN, and CoCo DSK
files to a CD-ROM... (not to mention many are available for download
thanks to their authors authorizing their release).

But I can't figure out any way to "convert" them to MESS-DSK files,
so that MESS will be able to read them.

There were a few ready-made MESS-DSK files I downloaded off the net,
and I was able to run some old programs just fine this way.. but I
want to be able to take my OWN software and convert it to a MESS DSK
file so I can run all my old softwares on the emulator.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, please forgive me if this is
a repeat. If you like, you can email me as well:
COCOLAR2 "at" YAHOO "dot" COM.

ANY help would be appriciated.
Thanks!

And for anyone interested, I still have a webpage up with (among
other things) a big section on the CoCo, the FM-7 (Japanese
CoCo "clone"), and other machines:
http://www.tcp.com/~lgreenf (click on the CoCo/Classic 8-bit box).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM