[Coco] [Rainbow on Disc] Update and Call for Issues

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Fri May 5 14:20:59 EDT 2006

Hey guys,

It looks like we have the "acquiring images" and "clean images" portion
hammered out.  At this point the project has access to images of the
entire Rainbow run minus three issues.  This means that the only scanning
that needs to be done would be if someone would scan the first four months
of 1993 (January 1993, Feb. 1993, March 1993, and April 1993).  You could
also conmtact me to get my address and send them to me for scanning with
my promise that I will not shred them, cut them up, etc and will return
them as quickly as possible.

With the developments that have occurred in the last month or so I think
we will have this done by the next Rainbow Fest, but hopefully sooner.

I am going revise the list of Rainbow on Tape / Disk files I have and I am
hoping to fill that roster as well.

It's looking like the final product will be two 4.7gb DVD-R's containing
the following:

 - .djvu files of the magazines with OCR run on them
 - .djvu files containing the index of the entire collection derived from
the official indexes that were published in the magazine
 - As many Rainbow on Disk / Tape files as I can get my hands on
 - A javascript based search engine that will search all text of any .djvu
on the disc
 - Text files of all the OCR'd text

After this is completed there is also the possibility of creating a second
version of the set that conatains .pdf files, but for now the focus is on
getting the .djvu version out.

Regards,
Michael Harwood