[Coco] Modifications

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Tue May 2 17:26:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm going to go whole hog on my CC3. I have excellent soldering skills but
am no digital electronics expert. I have no Coco (2 or 3) service manual
(but I DO have my MPI service manual) I would like to start by removing the
TV modulator from the main board. Any tips? Suggestions? Things to look out
for? After that, I want to put her in a PC box, so I'll want to feed the CC3
+/- 5 & 12V. I imagine there's stuff on the www about this but I don't find
it. After that is the video adapters (hopefully both S-Vid AND VGA), a
keyboard adapter and what-not. Years (MANY!) ago there was much talk about
NOT putting the MPI on a flat cable extension no matter how short (timing
issues) What's the dope on that finally? I can't see putting CC3 in a PC box
without at least a short extension.

Anyways, you see the general direction. Any tips and suggestions much
appreciated.

Thanks,

/Chester
Costa Rica