[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Opinion time

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Mar 31 23:12:49 EST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 22:35, mccomber wrote:
>What is the best Radio Shack brand monitor for a CoCo3, considering
>both games and word processing in 80 column mode?
>
>Regards,
>Doug

AFAIK, the shack hasn't sold a monitor suitable for use on a coco3 in 80
column ever, way too fuzzy.  For a while maggy made some that were
decent, both under their own name and under the Commodore label as the
108x series, and their own 8CM515 and 8CM135..  And some of the NEC
multisyncs were also usable.

But no one has made an rgb input, ntsc std scan rates monitor in at
least a decade now, not even the $7000 a copy broadcast stuff.  About
the best is to get a scan convertor to upconvert it to vga monitor
compatability, there are at least 2 being made by members of this list
and I'm personally using one Roy Justis made.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are:

Yahoo! Groups Links