[Coco] CoCo 2 bitbanger does 57600bps!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Mar 23 23:24:35 EST 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 22:40, Neil Morrison wrote:
>There are limitations on how fast it can operate in bi-directional
> mode. Also, there is no point running a dot matrix type printer
> faster than 1200 or 2400 baud since they just can't print that fast.
>
>Neil

That depends on the coco's os.  Basic doesn't use any IRQ's, but os9
does.  Because of that and the multitasking os9 can do, the bit banger
is essentially worthless to os9 except for printing.  And that istr has
a speed limit.  Reclocking an rs232 pack now, can be quite refreshing.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: