[Coco] printer ribbons

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 19:37:18 EST 2006

On 03/21/2006 10:54 pm, Frank Pittel wrote:
> I've been looking at adding a printer to my coco collection. Unfortunatly
> all the printers that will work with my coco needs ribbons that are getting
> harder and harder to get. Does anyone know of a secret source of ribbons??

While nowadays my own preference is to route my printing into another
computer, if you have an impact printer, Computer Friends in Oregon
apparently still makes and sells their MacInker (name has nothing to do with
Apple, in fact it predates the Lisa) devices.  I used one for years during
the 80s and 90s.  While ribbons will eventually wear out, I could get years
of use out of them.   I thought they were long gone until I just googled for
them, thinking of getting a new MacInker (I do have a Pinwriter and a couple
of Epsons, and I'm tired of paying for inkjet cartridges -- I print so little
physical paper, that I'll get maybe 10% of the ink out of a cartridge before
it dries up and blocks the jets).  www.cfriends.com/macinker.htm
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief