[Coco] DLOAD

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Wed Mar 22 13:12:17 EST 2006

At 09:59 AM 3/22/2006, you wrote:

>I couldn't help but notice this thread.  Out of curiosity, has anyone,
>anywhere out there besides me ever actually used DLOAD in a work (ok,
>let's include school, or useful home purpose) environment?
>
>I used it to download a program from a PC to recharge various types of
>batteries (the cassette port -- the relay actually -- was already being
>used to control the charging current).
>                  - Aaron

I'm using it now!  However, only the 300bps rate works (with two different
CoCos, two different serial cables, and two different PCs).

I know it's DLOAD at fault because I'm doing error-free communications
between the PC and CoCo over the same serial cables at 38400bps.

Maybe someone with a 64k CoCo 2 can put it in ALL-RAM mode (ask me how) and
then POKE some alternate delay values where the 44*4 value is held and see
if it can be tweaked to work at 1200bps.