[Coco] Re: News of Kevin Darling

Paul T. Barton idezilla at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 17:49:05 EST 2006

Kevin,

You're the one who got me started with my first
2MB coco3 interface, when I worked at Tektronix;
which is now in CoCoZilla.

Many thanks and healings to you,

Paul T Barton
idezilla

> On 03/20/2006, John A Podraza wrote:
> > Friends,
> >
> > I've been in contact with Kevin, recently.  With his permission, I
> > would like to pass on the following:
> > "Kevin, you are family, a quiet member, but family none the less to the
> > CoCo Community.  May I pass on the news about your surgery?  I know
> > that others would like to know about it, and many would keep you in
> > their thoughts and prayers.  I know that I will."
> > Reply:
> > "Yes, I can definitely use all the prayers I can get!
> > It's esophageal cancer, which is becoming way too common with
> > programmers who work late and eat poorly.  The operation removes the
> > esophagus and draws
> > the stomach up as a replacement.  Two weeks minimum in hospital, and
> > perhaps
> > months to learn how to eat again.   I've already been through a couple
> > months of chemo and rad, which knocked down the cancer pretty well, but
> > the
> > operation will improve my chances even more.
> > My best to everyone at the show!
> > Thanks!
> > Kev"
> >
> > At Kevin's request, I will not give out his address (he commented that
> > it was so hard to keep addresses free from spam, these days) but I
> > might be able to forward your responses to him, so he knows just how we
> > feel.  Keep the Subject header as it is, as I will set up an assistant
> > that will shuttle all of the "Kevin" emails into their own folder.

IBO 1482969 WWG
Linux # 314458
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=aWRlemlsbGE0NzAw