[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 16:02:11 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/15/06 1:14:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com writes:

>Several years ago, I met a woman that worked at RS and she had a  coco, the
>original HD interface and the hard drive. She actually used  it for a while.
>I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't give it  up.

OK, I stand corrected -- someone really did get one working on a  Coco.  And
probably never would have made it if she hadn't worked for the  Shack.
And that setup *would* make a nice museum display!

As  previously mentioned... it only had about three chips on it. The
schematic  was hand drawn(and not too well at that).

Wonder if the board itself was hand wired, or hand-laid-out before  etching?
Bet the three ICs were hand inserted (in fact, almost all DIPs  are/were hand
inserted, which is one reason the industry went to surface-mount  --
untouched by human hands is cheaper).
--Mike K.