[Coco] DMP-106 Pinter sighted

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 15:57:49 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/15/06 12:55:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

>Unless the printer was a xerox daisy.  Absolutely the only  thing that
>can stop a 1650-ro is a broken ribbon.  It stops in  its tracks, you
>slip a new ribbon into it, push the reset button and  it takes off on
>the next character with no hint of a problem in the  output of that line
>of text.

That's  terrific feature.  Especially good since daisy wheels  were often
used with carbon ribbons, which were good for one pass only -- no  rewind or
reverse.  My wife used mostly carbon ribbons.

Yeah, those carriage returns were something else.  Hers was on top a  small
dresser -- I think the glue joints were still intact when we gave the  dresser
away :-)
--Mike K.