[Coco] Onan > was Re: Tandy Hard Disk Controller

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Wed Mar 15 13:19:44 EST 2006

 An Onan is a generator set. In this case, it is a unit that goes into a
motor home. The diode steers the current so that the battery does not drain
back into the charging circuit when it isn't being used. I use this gen-set
for my home in case of power failures
 Not that I have many failures, but the gen-set was free. All I had to do
was drain the water out of the crank case and cylinders, break the pistons
loose from the rust, seat the valves down with compound, etc etc etc...
 I can still play on my coco during power failures(should I want to) in air
conditioned comfort while watching TV and microwave a meal at the same time.

 Now, if someone would give me the gasoline to run it, I could get off the
"grid". HAH! That'll be the day!

 George