[Coco] DMP-106 Pinter sighted

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Mar 15 10:36:53 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 05:25, Rogelio Perea wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, "Glen VanDenBiggelaar" wrote:
>> I just wanted to mention that I had got both a DMP 105, and 106 both
>> in boxes for sale on my site for $20, I am not sure what they are
>> worth, but I did throw them up there, and took a shot at that price,
>> would make good "display" units if nothing else, for I have tried to
>> find a ribon suppler for a DMP 106 and so far have not found one
>> that will take any other form of payment accept CC, or ship to
>> Canada.
>
>The DMP106 was the very first printer wholly owned by yous truly,
>could not afford anything more as this was bought along a CoCo 3,
>FD502, CM-8 and VIP Writer III to complete a big school project. The
>printer is still in use and only have 2 or 3 'new' ribbons to go
>through, stuff I bought at a rare opoortunity sale in a RS store a
>long time ago.
>
>Stamp pad ink, black, is what I have used to keep the used ribbons
>active until they physically wear out. Never have had a problem with
>the mechanism either from the ribbon or the printer - have to keep the
>DMP106 properly lubricated though, usually by way of a silicon based
>lubricant and enough care and attention not to let dust and debris
>accumulate in there, otherwise bidirectional printing will start to
>suffer shifting a couple of dots left and right.

For me, it would just plain stop moving anyplace on the line, sometimes
either way.

I bought a bottle of 'Carters' stamp pad ink, and found that it made the
knobs welding of itself to the hole a lot worse.  Other formulations
may not have done that, but that one sure did, just it was plastic pipe
cement.  I took one of the apart and also found the ribbon stuck to the
case.

>I remember that some of the 'new' sealed ribbons RS used to sell would
>print out ok out of the package but soon I resorted to reink the new
>ribbon with the stamp pad ink, got darker printouts and really did not
>see any negative effect on the ribbon.

I must have bought the wrong stuff.  Do you recall what brand you had?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: