[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Mar 15 09:44:28 EST 2006

On 14 Mar 2006 at 14:07, Chester A Patterson wrote:

> What manner if Hard Drive would connect to this thing?

Chances are either and ST-506 or ESDI controller card interfaces to
the module pack. Winchester drives were around from the the mid
70's. The first concept of the IDE did not come about until 1984 and
first drives around 1985. Final standardization of the IDE format
came in 1988/1989 time frame.

>From what I remember the Coco Hard Disk Controller is just a an
interface to the controller card internal to the case of the Tandy hard
drives.

james