[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Wed Mar 15 00:59:15 EST 2006

> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 00:20, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
>>Gene and I already mentioned the best use for one of these
>> "controllers."
>>
>>But at a different kind of range, a 3-wood or 5-iron would probably
>> make a lovely display for a second or two -- just yell "fore" instead
>> of "pull.".
>>
>>Seriously, this thing is good only for a museum display, and barely
>> deserves to sit in the same glass case as a B&B interface.  You'll
>> never get it working on a Coco, and it's doubtful it has any
>> historical Coco  relevance.
>>
>>  FWIW, I remember getting really excited over one for $120 or
>> whatever at a Tandy fire sale, but since the disk drive itself and
>> driver  software were nowhere in sight, some kind soul who knew
>> better talked me out of  it.  I should have bought him lunch and a
>> beer.
>>
>>I wonder if anyone ever did use one successfully, like on a TRS-80
>> IV? --Mike K.
>
> I was never able to locate anyone around here that had a clue.  I
> believe that Tandy wanted it that way at the time.
>
> --

Several years ago, I met a woman that worked at RS and she had a coco, the
original HD interface and the hard drive. She actually used it for a while.
I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't give it up.

I still can't find the schematic for that interface. I'm sure it's here
somewhere. While looking for it, I did find a diode I needed to repair my
Onan.

As previously mentioned... it only had about three chips on it. The
schematic was hand drawn(and not too well at that).

George