[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 00:20:04 EST 2006

Gene and I already mentioned the best use for one of these  "controllers."

But at a different kind of range, a 3-wood or 5-iron would probably make a
lovely display for a second or two -- just yell "fore" instead of "pull.".

Seriously, this thing is good only for a museum display, and barely  deserves
to sit in the same glass case as a B&B interface.  You'll  never get it
working on a Coco, and it's doubtful it has any historical Coco  relevance.

  FWIW, I remember getting really excited over one for $120 or  whatever at a
Tandy fire sale, but since the disk drive itself and driver  software were
nowhere in sight, some kind soul who knew better talked me out of  it.  I should
have bought him lunch and a beer.

I wonder if anyone ever did use one successfully, like on a TRS-80  IV?
--Mike K.