[Coco] DLOAD/HyperTerminal mystery

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sat Mar 11 22:36:26 EST 2006

As of tonight I am sending sending data from the PC to the CoCo 2 at
38400bps from Comit and Portal-9 (test routines).

HyperTerminal appears to be forcing 7N1 or ASCII characters to be sent
which in turn looks like it is causing two characters to appear on the CoCo
screen, usually the intended character and a graphics character.  I can't
get HyperTerminal to send at 8N1, but since DLOAD is also acting this way
at 1200bps, I don't know what's wrong.

It looks like the last bit in the byte is random because I keep getting bit
#7 high when it should be low sometimes, and vise-versa.  This is why the
DLOAD "RequestFile" code of 138 comes in as a 10 on the PC sometimes, and
sometimes a 138, when DLOAD is set to 1200bps.

Does anybody have a clue what's happening?  Why is Comit and Portal-9 able
to send at 38400 and below just fine?

--
Roger Taylor