[Coco] Heavy Duty Printers

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 23:13:26 EST 2006

brucecalkins at bellsouth.net writes:

>About a decade ago I priced a print head for a DMP-106.  The  Radio Shack
>price was over $50.00!  I acquired a couple printers  on eBay for $5.00 plus
>$10.00 or so, for shipping.  I have my  parts in stock.

Funny you should mention it -- just today I was in a Goodwill store, and
there was a DMP-106 in the original box!  I didn't notice the price, wasn't
clearly marked.

Not that it qualifies as a heavy duty printer, though my DMP-105 gave very
little trouble until I finally sold it off.  (ISTR the 106 was just a 105
upgraded with better feature firmware).

But my wife's business OS9 system had a Tandy daisy cutter, I mean, daisy
wheel printer, I forget its DMP number, that indeed resembled a tank in every
respect ;-)
Sure printed nice business letters.  --Mike K.