[Color Computer][Coco] DLOAD mystery

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Tue Mar 7 13:13:44 EST 2006

DLOADM works fine on my system.  I'm typing it from the command prompt,
though.  The problem I'm having is with DLOAD *or* DLOADM.  The command
sets the delay factor to 44 for 1200bps and 44*4 for 300bps, when actually
a delay of 41 appears to be the best match for 1200bps on all CoCos...?

If that's not the problem, and the difference in 41 and 44 doesn't really
matter then I'm having a start bit problem, because when a 138 is sent from
the DLOAD command, the PC recieves a 10 most of the time, and occasionally
a 138.

At 01:08 AM 3/7/2006, you wrote:
>Here it is:
>DLOADM Bug
>
>       The mystery surrounding the DLOADM command in Extended Color Basic as
>discussed in "CC DLOAD" (80 Micro, March 1983, p. 140) is easily cleared up. A
>bug in the ROMs prevents a DLOADM command from being recognized as such.
>
>       For a simple fix, use
>
>CLOSE #-l : POKE &H78, ASC("M"): DLOADM "filename," baud, offset.
>
>Baud has the same value as DLOAD and offset has the same value as CLOADM.
>
>       As with CSAVEM and CLOADM, there is no DLOADM token, just DLOAD
> followed
>by an ASCII M. On encountering a DLOAD or DLOADM command, the next byte from
>the Basic program loads into the A register (an ASCII M if the command was
>DLOADM). This first step is common to most commands and occurs before jumping
>to the DLOAD routine.
>
>       Second, a subroutine closes the cassette file if it’s open (DLOAD or
>DLOADM needs the buffer). Then the A register is checked to see if it contains
>an ASCII M, and a flag byte is set or cleared accordingly.
>
>       Unfortunately, the second step causes the contents of the A register to
>change; consequently, the third step does not recognize DLOADM. This bug could
>have been corrected by exchanging the second step for the third.
>
>Ralph Fox
>
>4212 Wadsworth Ct. #102
>
>Annandale, VA 22003
>

>----
>
>--- Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 07 March 2006 00:26, Neil Morrison wrote:

Roger Taylor