[Coco] Model III bus pinout

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 17:50:11 EST 2006

On 03/06/2006 02:52 am, Willard Goosey wrote:
> >From: "Bruce W. Calkins" <brucecalkins at bellsouth.net>
> >Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:54:59 -0500
> >
> >Thank you, Willard,
>
> You're welcome.
>
> >This is the hard information needed.  I guess I better abort hooking
> > things up "just because the connectors fit" ;)
>
> I learned that lesson when a friend of mine just about beat me up for
> plugging an Atari joystick into a TI 99/4a's joystick port.  (Both
> DB-9's, but completely different pinouts.)

A customer of mine found that out the hard way when he plugged a Radio Shack
Daisy Wheel Printer II into the DB-25 video port of an AT&T 6300 (which
supplied something like 70 vdc to power the monitor).  Neither device worked
quite right afterwards.  Only reliable way ever discovered to destroy a
DWP-II.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief