[Coco] RE: Tandy Hard Disk Controller

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Mon Mar 6 08:51:43 EST 2006

L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>    I do know that Ken (of Kenton) had demoed an RS-DOS system at
> Rainbowfest that did have 2 Coco 2's hooked up to one SCSI hard drive...
> but I don't remember any of the details. I would presume it would "just"
> be a driver issue.

It's not a big deal. The drivers are very simple and shouldn't care.
Really there are only a few things to worry about:

1- you need to be able to set each CoCo host adapter to use a different
SCSI ID.

2- you need to maintain proper bus termination.

and

3- you best not write to the same file(s) at the same time. Multiple
reads should be just fine.

Note that you can (technically) also wire up and share floppies in a
similar manner.