[Coco] Y2k bug

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Mar 5 22:34:41 EST 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 13:04, Chester Patterson wrote:
>Well the 12-13 year old rig did fire up. Had to reformat the ST-225
> though. Cleaned up the TEAC floppies and two out of three run no
> errors. Last night, 2am, the Magnavox 8CM515 made a couple of spark
> noises and died. Any service manuals out there? Current model
> subsititutes? Remember, I live in
>Costa Rica, and stuff can be mighty hard to come by! Not as bad as
> Nepal perhaps.

There are no more monitors in the 8CM1515/1CM135/Commie 108X category
being made.  There are no more tube monitors beong made except for some
big chinese knockoffs, I'm looking at a 19" right now.  A used one from
the pawn shop maybe, or an svga monitor and Roy's adaptor would be
another suggestion.  I'm using that solution on my coco3 myself.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: